Beautiful Cornwall England

Beautiful Cornwall England
one of my many travels

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blood Test

I just had a routine blood test today. I always get lightheaded and sick when I have blood tests. This time, though, I told myself that I was not going to get sick. I even asked if I could lay down during the test, this I assured myself, would help. The nurse came and checked my veins. (I was told once that I have very nice, visible veins. I hope it wasn't a pick up line, if it is pick up lines are going down hill). She wrapped that rubber band thing around my arm which is there, I assume because it hurts so much that they hope you won't notice the pain of the stupid needle going in. Then she inserted the needle. Mind over matter, I told myself. And everything went great.

That is, if your definition of great is that I had to lay there for another 15 minutes sweating profusely while drinking a cup of cold water, until I stopped fainting and could go home. sigh.

3 comments:

  1. I do the same thing! I had a home birth and could stand that, but I almost pass out every time they take my blood! Have fun blogging! Check mine out too. aldridgezoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it's not that bad if they use a butterfly. I'm sorry that you have this reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you. I have had 2 seperate IV lines in in the past 2 weeks and 1 blood draw. It sucks and it doesn't get any better the more it is done :)

    PS. I have a blog too: http://forevernewleyweds.blogspot.com/
    Part of my Ireland pictures are up. I am way behind though.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete